Hi, I am planning to immigrate to Canada with my family and now we are looking for a city somewhere in Toronto region. We began to like a lot of Vaughan and Missisauga as we are searching information about different cities from internet.
I would like to hear some opinions,experiences or stories anything you might know about Toronto area. For example if there is some bad/good areas to live,where apartment rents are high/low,is it easy to find an apartment for rent as a newcomer?
Or if you want to tell story about your life in Canada.
I am looking forward to hear something:)

If you feel to contact me by email:aminoav@gmail.com

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi ,
And plans are changing... (we are still in that stage that we are looking for a right place in Canada) . And we began to consider Manitoba, Winnipeg. So if anybody is familiar with that area, please contact...

Hei Anne-Mari!

Hamilton (Population: ~600,000) is a great city to consider. It is a very well-rounded city and is permeated by university students (near McMaster University; one of the top medical faculties in North America). Hamilton is a center for the steel industry and, like all major Canadian cities, is a great place to immigrate to. There are some new apartments being built and some are just being open in a couple of months! Apartments are generally harder to find in this area because of the large amount of people coming in and out of the city.

There are some bad areas of the Greater Toronto Area that you want to avoid. Areas near Jane, Finch, Lawrence Heights (AKA the Jungle), North York, parts of Scarborough, and Brampton are areas that you should consider last on your list. These areas are either in the midst of development or overrun with crime and decay.

Mississauga is an expensive city to live in but is a prime center for business and industry; there are also many commercial zones. Burlington (Population: ~250,000) is yet another great city to consider. It is a smaller city with great living standards, low crime, and is at the center of many industrial zones (it is 15 minutes away from Hamilton).

Generally you want to look for a city that offers the greatest opportunity for financial and social stability. Your top candidates should be Mississauga, Burlington, or Hamilton (based off my biased knowledge only). In order to secure an apartment, it would take at least 1 - 2 months of preparation.

I am currently living in Burlington and making a transition to Hamilton in order to better accommodate my school life. I used to live in Brampton (which had many terrible areas) where I was the victim of two gunpoint robberies and burglary. Brampton's crime isn't THAT bad, but I guess I was at the wrong places at the wrong times. Apparently people from housing projects in the Peel Region are being given subsidies to move into Brampton housing.

I hope my limited information has helped you a little bit and I wish you, and your family, the best of luck in your transition.

Aaron Lake

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

FinnGoods Introduction 1 Reply

With so many new followers here on Social Media, we would love to (re)introduce ourselves!FinnGoods is a family operated small business (est. 2012) located in Langley BC, Canada. We were both born…Continue

Tags: Marimekko, Arabia, Iittala

Started by FinnGoods Sales in Buy, Sell & Trade. Last reply by FinnGoods Sales Mar 16.

Occupational therapy work practise 1 Reply

Hi everyone! Is there possibly any occupational therapists here who work in Canada? Or do you know one? I'm an occupational therapy student looking for a work practise place from Canada.

Started by Eveliina in Miscellaneous. Last reply by Kanadan Sanomat Sep 13, 2023.

Bringing a piece of Finland to North America – The FinnGoods Story 1 Reply

With so many new followers here on Social Media, we would love to introduce ourselves!FinnGoods is a family operated small business (est. 2012) located in Langley BC, Canada. We were both born and…Continue

Tags: Kahvi, Licorice, Varrasleipä, Finntoast, Halva

Started by FinnGoods Sales in Buy, Sell & Trade. Last reply by FinnGoods Sales May 28, 2022.

Family

Genealogy going on with me. I'm looking for information about a person: Name: Jenny Ojalehto Luonua. b.10 Jun 1903. Pennsylvania. Parents: Herman Luonua and Maria Rapinoja Luonua.Continue

Started by Jouni Salminen in Miscellaneous May 29, 2021.

© 2024   Created by Kanadan Sanomat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service