Hi !

I would love to learn finnish. my fiancé is from Finland but she has no patience when it comes to teaching her own language.

Is there private tutors in the Montreal area willing to help me ? if so what is the hourly rate.

Thank you !

Views: 530

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Etienne,

Finding finnish classes in Montreal is not that easy, and most often, they are quite costly.

In anycase here are the options I found so far:

1- Berlitz -- Private courses of 45 min. 3200$ + taxes for the first 36 hrs. You need to call them up and make an appointment, and the rate may increase as finnish classes are not much in-demand.

2- College Platon -- Back in 2009, the rate for private courses was $45.00 per hour, plus $45.00 for the registration and $45.00 for the books. (I don't think the taxes are included in these rates). They request a minimum starting block of 8 hours.

3- Saint Michael's Finnish Ev. Lutheran Church -- private courses are 30 $ per hour. No incription fees. Courses material is provided. At some point, there were also running groups. website: http://finnishchurchmontreal.i8.com/

I hope this helps, and if you have found any other alternatives to these, feel free to share.

Mary

Hi!

im not a teacher either, but i have generally fairly ok skills to understabd languages, and have sometimes helped some friends to learn some finnish. i speak some french too on an intermediate level. its in lot of cases easier to find resemblances in french compared to english. ask if you still need help! i live in centre-sud.

Jonne

RSS

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Made By Choice Wins Award!

Made By Choice is a Finnish company consisting of a group of designers who pride themselves in their quality of product and craftsmanship. Recently, they won a prestigious award in the Restaurant and…Continue

Started by Terryl Nielsen in Buy, Sell & Trade Nov 20.

Finnish and Swedish Christmas 2017 1 Reply

You can get your Finnish and Swedish products from FinnGoods shipped anywhere in Canada. We are located in Vancouver area and carry the most popular Finnish and Swedish products such as Organic Fazer…Continue

Tags: Finntoast

Started by FinnGoods Sales in Buy, Sell & Trade. Last reply by FinnGoods Sales Nov 10.

Voitimme Ruokakultuuriteko 2017

Congratulations to the team at Atelje Sotamaa for their recent Food Culture Award at the ELO Galassa! They won the top award for their design of Finnjavel Restaurant in Helsinki. Check it out on our…Continue

Started by Terryl Nielsen in Miscellaneous Oct 31.

Gold Prize for Atelje Sotamaa!

Atelje Sotamaa was recently awarded the top prize by The Bureau International des Expositions(BIE), in the category of 'Theme Development', at the World Expo 2017 in Astana, Kazakhstan (…Continue

Started by Terryl Nielsen in Miscellaneous Sep 18.

© 2017   Created by Kanadan Sanomat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service